Saturday, January 2, 2010

$1 Coffee and Skiing

One thing I love about traveling is enjoying the simple things along the way. For example, this morning Mrs. Darkroasted and I took Tiny Roast up the mountain for his second skiing lesson in the last three days. We figured it was time for him to learn (he is 3 and a half you know.) As we sat in the lodge surveying the picturesque landscape and lightly falling snow, I sipped on warm coffee and listened to the sounds of the lodge as people slowly began to start the day. Was the coffee good, well... no. But as I have said many times, it is sometimes as much about atmosphere as it is the brew.

This was $1, all you can drink coffee served by the friendly staff at Great Divide Ski Resort and through the window I could watch a poor young man try to convince by stubborn son that sliding down the hill with these boards strapped to his feet was a good idea. Yes, the simple things are nice.


0 comments:

Post a Comment