Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Perfect Coffee Maker

This is my new toy:


I realize that for many people this may not be the most exciting thing to hit the market. But for someone who is willing to spend his time writing a blog that is primarily about coffee, this is manufacturing perfection.

It is Nespresso's Citiz espresso maker, a slimline unit that utilizes pods to crank out out between 1.5 and 1.85 ounce shots of cremalicious espresso. The quality is top notch and the price point per shot is somewhere around $0.50 a pull.

I realize that some purists would find this type of machine an afront to the coffee process. I too spent years carefully grinding my coffee and seeking the perfect froth. Unfortunately, I just don't have time to do this all the time and I still want good coffee. This machine delivers both good coffee and efficient preparation. Even espresso purists agree that Nespresso's line of pod-based coffee makers hit the mark (see this review by Top 100 Espresso Makers blog).

Along with the quality of the coffee, I was also more than pleasantly surprised by the frothing carafe that you buy with the base espresso machine.



At the touch of a button you can froth milk either cold or hot and the whole process is nearly silent. Gone is the time spent sitting over a steaming pipe that makes so much noise you can't even speak with anyone around you. And the quality of the froth? Take a look for yourself. I took this shot from my kitchen this morning.



The entire package is an excellent alternative for home baristas who want all the taste of quality coffee but don't have the time to whip it up the old fashioned way. Don't take my word for it, crawl over to your local Sur La Table or Williams-Sonoma  for a taste test or test drive of this machine. You will not be disappointed.

1 comments:

price per head service said...

blogs in here looking forward to often visit your blog

Post a Comment