Thursday, February 18, 2010

Hey Conference People -- Where's My Coffee?

So, have you ever been at a conference that goes on all day and requires mass amounts of coffee to survive? I am at one of those events right now. And at about 3:00 p.m. yesterday, I left the main room to refill my cup. Low and behold there were a mountain of cups but no more coffee decanters. Please explain to me the reason to ever remove the coffee from the lobby area. Later in the afternoon the coffee decanters magically re-appeared, but the damage was done -- lack of coffee crankiness had set in.

I realize that many people don't drink coffee after a certain time in the morning. However, there are also many of us who need to mainline it throughout the day in order stay upright. All I am saying is... help a brother out and keep the coffee flowing all day long.

Finally, I am back from vacation and over my post-vacation illness, so I hope to begin a series of posts throughout the weekend and into next week about my Kona coffee experiences on the Big Island. Please keep me on your radar until then.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I take such opportunites to complain loudly to the management...making myself and my company look both assertive and selfless. I mean, what if OTHER people need coffee?! It's not about my needs, but theirs. I'm sure this was your thought as well. -MM

Dark Roasted D.C. said...

I agree wholeheartedly with this comment. You are really describing coffee heroism for the masses. Thank you for your selfless post describing selfless acts. :-)

Post a Comment