Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Dunkin' Donuts Confession

Last week I had a meeting in Annapolis that went on for a few hours. Of course, I can't go through a meeting that long without a cup-of-joe in my hand. The gracious hosts of this event noted that they had fresh coffee available and that it was very good. Of course, I was delighted. With a hop in my step I jumped up to partake of this liquid energy. That is the moment when she said:

"It's Dunkin' Donuts."

What? Are you kidding me? I have campaigned against this abomination for months on end. I will not be drawn into the Dunkin vortex or fooled by a place that serves donuts and coffee as if they are equal partners. But, what was I too do? I needed coffee and there was nothing else.

I drank it. There I admitted it. Now the hard part. I liked it. That is right, I said it. It was an accident I am sure. They must have added something to it, because this has never happened before.

So here is my theory. I will not bend in my view that Dunkin' is serving subpar beans. However, when properly brewed, almost any coffee can serve as a passable beverage.

So there it is my Dunkin' Donut fanatics. A small, but measured, mea culpa about a single Dunkin experience that was not horrible.

0 comments:

Post a Comment